Last Big Mistake

taking life one mistake at a time

Monday, December 30, 2002

I once asked someone -- my brother, I think -- why people have fingernails. He told me that the fingernail protected the tender, sensitive skin underneath. This never made any sense to me. . . .

Whenever I talk to someone -- friends, neighbors, and strangers -- I always seem to keep my distance. I don't often assert my opinions and I usually deflect probing questions back onto the asker. For some reason I avoid giving up my personal feelings to any listener. It takes a lot of trust in someone before I reveal even the least personal information to them. It's as if I don't want anyone to see beneath the image I portray.

. . . . Is the tough fingernail there just to protect the sensitive skin underneath? Or is the sensitive skin there because it is protected from the elements and never allowed to toughen?

| Mr. McBastard | 11:37 PM | | |


Cynical McBastard

My Profile
Mr. McBastard

Previous Posts
From Boners Dot Com:
Wow. Another Christmas has come and gone. . . . ...
It just so happens that the best thing for headach...
I think the worst thing about vomitting isn't the ...
Some advice I wish I had received eight years ago:...
Unjounalistically ripped from The Onion: Fact Repe...
My first dabblings in Flash animation. Hey, this ...
I killed on my Latin Final on Friday. I'm pretty ...
Zach Version 2.0
The Taste Of Ink by The Used Is it worth it can y...

Archives
February 2002
March 2002
April 2002
May 2002
June 2002
July 2002
August 2002
September 2002
October 2002
November 2002
December 2002
January 2003

Feeds

Powered By
Weblog Commenting and 

Trackback by HaloScan.com